Friday, October 26, 2012

Missing In Action !

OK, I am sorry, especially for those precious few who read my blog, as I have been MIA for quite a spell, but I will try to make up for 'lost-time' by giving you as much of a full report as I can. I was on tour in the US in support of my new Album, Onwards and Upwards, on the Pinecastle Records Label, and try as I might, I found it difficult to get around to doing my blog. It's not that there wasn't wi-fi connections, in fact they are just about everywhere, but simply that I was so absorbed in making sure that I got to all my shows on time and in decent shape, that I did not get around to blogging. My new Album was launched in style at Jack's Barbecue on Lower Broadway in Nashville back in September, and that was followed by shows in Ernest Tubb's Record Store, The Jonesborough Bluegrass Festival, a Blue Plate Special live Radio show in Knoxville, another live Radio Show in Bristol, TN/VA, a TV Show Recording with Tim White for Songs Of The Mountains at the Lincoln Theatre in Marion, VA [ after which the Mayor of Marion made a presentation to me ! ] which will be broadcast to over 40 Million homes on PBS, gigs at the Acoustic Cafe in Johnson City, and shows in Chapel Hill and Raleigh, NC. I also did a guest spot with Jim Lauderdale on WSM Radio in Nashville, and recorded an interview with Jim which will also be syndicated to over 50 Radio Stations throughout the USA. Prescription Bluegrass and The Bluegrass Blog and John Lawless, Brian McNeal and a hundred others all did wonderful work on my behalf. I also want to thank Ethan Burkhardt, Matt Hood, Lonnie Lassiter, Amanda, Robert and Barbara Dempsey, Steve Johnson, Joe Trimbach and all the guys who played with me, sometimes under the most bizarre circumstances. I also need to thank my Wife, Moira, who traveled with me, and looked after the sales of CDs and my beautiful T-Shirts. [ Pictured, and available, for a reasonable stipend, by eamiling nialltoner.music@gmail.com or by calling 087-2877-299 As well as all the above, I managed to drive about 10.000 miles, visit the Iron Man Screen Gems Film Studio in Wilmington, NC, with Jeanene Huber, and had a swim in 'Shark-infested' waters off the NC Coast in water that was about 15 degrees warmer than on this side of the Atlantic ! That's it for now ! Best, Niall.