Friday, September 14, 2012

What a Good Gig Should Be ..

Last Friday night's show at Killoughternane Schoolhouse was exactly what a good show should be. A happy Band playing their heart out and a full house of appreciative listeners. What more could a fella want ? If I could bottle whatever the feeling is when all the ingredients are just right, then I would, and I'd give it as a gift to all the Musicians and Singers and Performers that I know have sometimes faced indifferent and small crowds, poor conditions and poorer fiscal rewards, and so forth. Like the old seanfocail ' There's Longer Horns on Faraway Cattle', sometimes when I'm ploughing the far corners of this Earth in search of fame and fortune, I dwell on just how much fun it is to discover that what you are chasing is sometimes, just a hop and a skip away from your own front door. Bian Ararcha Fada ar na buaimh thar lar ..Mar a deirthair. Slan go foil, Niall. September 2012.