Friday, August 3, 2012

Exciting Times, indeed ....

The run-up to the launch of my first Album for Pinecastle Records is indeed, an exciting time for me. My last visit to the US was such a pleasure, and a success, that the prospect of the result has me on 'high-alert'. [ In the best possible sense of the expression ] The launch will be at Jack's Barbeque on Lower Broadway in Nashville, a famous eatery that has been in business since before Hank used to drop in the back door for a beer and a plate of Ribs during his break from the Ryman. So it's a place full of music history, and old, by American standards anyway. After my launch I will be performing a number of Showcases at IBMA, and as part of the EBMA, and also hosting a showcase with a bunch of great Bands at the famous Ernest Tubb Record Store, just across the road from Jacks, and that's on September the 26th. After that I'm off to NC and VA and rural TN to do a whole bunch of very different venues and clubs and Festivals. Check my 'live' listing for details, but remember, always, check with the venue before travelling long distances ! Official release/distribution of my new Album, Onwards and Upwards is, strictly speaking, not until October, but I hope to have copious quantities with me for sale, and well as copies of 'The Best Of ' CD, so don't be shy about enquiries ! Best, Niall.
I'm not sure what kind of Music was played in Ballymoon Castle, but this shot shows me bringing my sound up there, accompanied by a flock of Crows. Appropriate, or what ! Photo: Fiaz Farrelly.