Saturday, March 17, 2012

St.Patrick's Day ....

It is probably just pure coincidence, but when I went to my Air Play Direct page today, March the 17th, I found to my amazement, and great pleasure, that NTB had rocketed into the Number One Spot on the All Time Downloads Chart in the Bluegrass/Folk category. The luck of the Irish on Paddy's Day ? What an achievement for an Irish String Band, and on March the 17th! I want to thank all the Radio Stations [ 6,500 at last count according to APD ] who have downloaded my Music in the past year, and in so doing, have put me in this coveted number one spot, in a chart which also includes many of the legendary figures of Bluegrass who have been a major influence on my own music and songwriting. Penni McDaniel of Hope River Entertainment, my PR Company in the USA, have sent out a Press Release today with all the details. It's accessible at this link :

http://hoperiver.wordpress.com/2012/03/17/irish-singer-songwriter-niall-toner-music-news-and-happy-st-patricks-day/

A colleague once said to me that he saw very little connection between Irish Music and Bluegrass, although I begged to dissagree at the time. Well, there is now !!!!

Thanks again, yours, Niall.